Thursday, September 15, 2011

My first Coupon Haul


I finally did it. I took the time to clip a few coupons, look at the flyers, then I made an organized list and headed off to Wal-Mart.

I price matched a few items which is where you use the sales add from another store's price that is cheaper. Say for instance, today, Betty Crocker cake mixes that are normally priced 1.28 at Wal-Mart, were in a sales flyer for .77!! So I got 4 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another great deal was Gain detergent. It was normally 6.68 at Wal-Mart but was on sale at another store for 4.55. I also had a 2.00 off coupon which I used and SCORE.....I paid 2.55 for Gain detergent!

I also got some Dr. Scholl's massaging gels with a 3.00 of coupon that I paid around 5.00. And a buy one get one free Lady's Speed Stick deodorant.

Lastly, was a money making deal on KY Jelly. Don't laugh. There are alot of uses for this stuff!! Anyways, I had a 3.00 off coupon and it was 2.18 regular price at Wal-Mart! That's a money making deal of .82 which was applied to my bill. Every little bit helps!!!

With price matching AND coupons, I saved just over 20 bucks. Not too shabby for a first haul in my opinion!!! :)

I want to thank Collin at Hip2Save for taking the time to share these deals and inspire me to start trying to find ways to save money on items we need anyway for my family!

I think I could get addicted to this saving money thing!

2 comments:

timberly said...

That is awesome! I used to clip coupons back in the day...I need to take a try at it...your right girl...every bit helps!! haha/ KY...makes me smile!! LOL. I love you. :-) tim

-Alyson said...

yayyyy!!! Good job!! Okay, and really... dying to know what other uses KY Jelly has. :) Please share! :)

Nature Walk

Nature Walk
My precious gift from God....

Baby ducks Kasey found.