Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike.....and a Proverbs 31 Woman




Well, another hurricane has found it's way to us. This one is named Ike and it is heading for a pretty direct hit on Galveston. We are an hour from Galveston inland, and they are predicting 90 mph winds coming our way.

Now, my dh and I have had a difference of opinions. I think he should be boarding up the windows as I type....He is of the mind to be taking a nap while I scurry around getting food prepared, the camping gear out, and all the batteries in the flashlights.

This got me to thinking about the Proverbs 31 Woman. The Bible says in Proverbs 31, that "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her..." I think Dan trusts I have things under control a bit too much!! LOL!! But seriously, it's an honor that he does trust me to take care of many things that make our family run smoothly.

Dan has had a rough week at work and I'm glad he can come home knowing he can find rest without me nagging him to death. I know good and well, he will make sure the windows are secure and all the stuff is put in the garage that needs to be there. He will make sure his family is safe.

I'm including some before pics of our place before the hurricane and I plan on posting some afters...that I pray won't show much difference!

Off to prepare!
Karla

No comments:

Nature Walk

Nature Walk
My precious gift from God....

Baby ducks Kasey found.