Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kasey's 10th bday is rapidly approaching....

Well, on the 27th, my little baby girl (this is arguable) will turn 10! I can not believe she's growing up so quickly. She's adorable and lovable and smart and.....well you get the picture.

Kasey and her best friend Taylor both have birthday's this month, so her mom and I (also best friends), decided about 6 months ago that we were going to have a girl's weekend for them. Our original plans were to rent a hotel room for the weekend at the Galleria and take the girls to do some things they wanted to do for fun.

Then, Ike hit us, and money got squeezed kind of tight. Shelly and I decided we needed to nix the hotel stay and just stay at my place.

So, the other night, as Kasey was talking about the hotel stay for the 100th time, I had to break it to her that those plans were out. BUT, that we'd decided to make our guest room into a hotel room. I told her that she and Taylor could have room service too...

Well, she seemed fine with this...excited actually. I was shocked but relieved. Then Shelly sent me this email that Kasey had sent to Taylor. It makes me LOL when I read it.

Dear Taylor
i have the awsomist news ever!!! were not going to a hotel instead were gonna stay at my house! its awsom because moms remodeling the school room to look like a hotel room!. Me and you get to sleep in it! My mom and your mom is gonna be room service! we can get any thing we want! Desert, lunch, any thing you can think of!!!!!! and their even gonna make our bed! we might go to the store as if its the gift shop! But I cant see it untill you get hear! So im gonna have to do school in the kitchen for a week! shes gonna start remodaling a week before you get here!!!!!! I can not wait i mean im shivering and bouncing whith exsitement in my chair right now! call me tonight with the number ---------- cant wait to talk with you!
love
Kasey

p.s. we even get to make smores on the grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! best b-day ever!!!!




Ok, I know she's homeschooled and her spelling is a disaster here, normally she's a great speller, but you can almost see her little fingers flying on the keyboard as she is writing this email!!!

I love that little girl...now...off to work on the Hotel room.........

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

ADORABLE!!!! How wonderful that your daughter is sooo resiliant! You must be proud of her for being excited instead of dissapointed. You are all so blessed!
I hope to see you at Bunco next week!

KCsMomma said...

Yes! She's a keeper.

BUNCO!!! Let's roll!!!!!!!!!

Nature Walk

Nature Walk
My precious gift from God....

Baby ducks Kasey found.